o Be creative - use your imagination and show us your pride.
§ Judges will be looking for the following:
· Did you introduce yourself appropriately, sound comfortable and confident speaking to an audience, are you comfortable in front of an audience and is your Pride Presentation appropriate?
o This does not have to be an evening gown. Be creative in this category show us your style for flair or fashion.
· Is your choice of evening wear appropriate with hair suitably styled for your attire? Are your accessories (jewelry, shoes, etc.) fitting with attire? Do you appear poised and relaxed?
o You will be asked a question on stage following evening wear presentation. Be confident and honest with your answer.
· Did you speak clearly and answer the question appropriately. Were you direct and confident with your answer? Did you address the audience when giving your response to the question? And would you be a good representative for Star City Pride?
o You will have 7 minutes to have fun and show us your performance style and ability.
1. Contestants must be a resident of Nebraska and 21 years of age with valid ID (meaning your ID has to be current and not expired) Contestants must remain a resident of Nebraska until the end of their reign. If Contestant chooses to move out of Nebraska they understand by signing this application that he/she agrees with this requirement and will relinquish their crown and sash along with money won the night of pageant. If contestant refuses to do so the Star City Pride Board will use all legal means to obtain aforementioned items.
2. Contestants will respect and abide by Pageant facility policies. Meaning, Contestants will be polite to facility staff, Contestants will not bring alcohol or drugs in the facility, Contestants will smoke only in designated areas established by facility. Contestants will also be held accountable for their personal attendant and backup performers. MEANING: If you or your personal attendant or your backup performers violate any of the above you will be disqualified and you, your personal attendant, backup performers will be escorted out of the facility by the Pageant Coordinator and a Star City Pride Board Member.
3. Contestants must file this application along with their entry fee of $25.00 one (1) week prior of pageant date. If contestant is late in filing this application they may still file up to three (3) days prior to pageant date with the understanding there will be a $10.00 late fee. Application will be available online and fee can be paid by mail or in person to any board member.
4. The winner of Mr. and Miss. Star City Pride will perform together in a Victory Show that will be scheduled by the Pageant Coordinator approximately 60 days after winning said title. In this show 100% of cover charge will go to Star City Pride and you will be allowed to keep all tips collected this night. Keep in mind said rules apply as stated in number 2 above.
5. Mr. and Miss. Star City Pride will again perform together in a Step-down show that will be scheduled by the Pageant Coordinator approximately 60 days prior to Star City Pride Pageant 2018. 100% of the cover charge will go to Star City Pride and you will be allowed to keep all tips collected that night. Keep in mind said rules apply as stated in number 2 above.
6. Mr. and Miss. Star City Pride are required to host and perform a minimum of 4 fundraising events each for Star City Pride. If the event is a Show, 1st act tips will go to Star City Pride, 2nd act tips will go to performers and all proceeds from the door cover charge will go to Star City Pride. It will be up to you as Mr. and Miss Star City Pride to inform your guest performers of this policy prior to the night of the benefit so there is no confusion as to what is expected of said performers the night of the benefit. Keep in mind said rules apply as stated in number 2 above.
You are encouraged and welcome to go above and beyond the minimum requirements by hosting and or performing in any extra fundraising events you would like.
7. You as Mr. and Miss. Star City Pride will also be required to perform at Pride 2017 and Pride 2018, you will be allowed to keep all tips you collected at these two events.
8. Winner of Miss Star City Pride will receive a Crown and a Sash plus $200.00 cash ($50.00 the night of crowning and $150.00 on the completion of their reign). Mr. Star City Pride will receive a Sash plus $200.00 cash (50.00 the night of Pageant and $150.00 on the completion of their reign).
1. Contestants are required to arrive at pageant facility one hour prior to pageant start time (no later than 8 pm for the 2017 pageant). You are to check in with the Pageant Coordinator as soon as you arrive. There will be a brief meeting with all contestants after everyone has checked in. The Pageant Coordinator and a board member will go over the criteria for the night and answer any questions you may have at that time.
a. NOTE: If you are late checking in with the Pageant Coordinator you will have 10 points taken off your final score from the Tabulators Sheet. Contestants that arrive later than 8:30 pm will be disqualified from the pageant & will not be refunded their entry fee.
2. At this time you will turn in your 5 x 7 index cards with the description of your Pride Wear and your Evening Wear (please keep your descriptions brief and to the point).
3. You will also turn in your Talent Music on a CD at this time. Note: the only music burned on this CD is your talent music and marked clearly with your name.
4. You will also turn in a CD with your winning number to be played should you win either Mr. or Miss Star City Pride. This CD should also have one number on it and marked clearly with your name.
5. Each contestant will draw numbers to see who will be Contestant #1, #2, #3, etc.
a. You may trade numbers at this time.
6. Each contestant will be allowed to have one personal attendant in the dressing area.
7. Backup performers, for the contestants, that are assisting in the talent number will be required to pay the cover charge. Please inform your backup performers prior to the event of this rule so there is no confusion.
Important: Contestants and their personal attendant should not have any contact with the judges or tabulators. If it is reported that this has occurred there will be an investigation into the accusations (i.e. traded tips, assistance, costuming, etc.). If accusations are found to be true you will be disqualified and will not be refunded their entry fee.
Entry fee of $25.00 is due by June 4, 2017.
$10.00 extra will be added for late entry. Late entries will be accepted no later than bar close on Wednesday, June 9, 2017.
Visit www.starcitypride.org for more information and requirements.
Thank you for your participation!
OFFICE USE ONLY:
Date Received: _____________________________
Form of Payment: ____________________________
Date Given to Pageant Coordinator: _____________
Pageant Coordinator Signature: _____________________________________